Current Bionichead Articles about Religion:
- How does an atheist make moral decisions without an authoritative text? Several online dictionaries define “authoritative” as 1. Having or arising from authority; official. An authoritative text, in the minds of Christians, is their Bible. Christians claim their good book is inspired by a divine being. Christians claim the Bible is the absolute perfect word of God. The Bible, Christians say, is infallible. Yet, ...
- Zombie Jesus died for our sins Was Jesus a zombie? Are his followers mindless zombies that fail to use their brains at all? The history of the Bible clearly shows that the Bible was written by men. Most Christians, however, claim that the Bible is the infallible word of God. If the Bible were shown to be ...
- Is Jesus the Mythical really Raptor Jesus? These images give hidden clues into the real nature of the Christian god, Jesus. Jesus might be partly reptile. If Jesus was a reptile, would we call him Raptor Jesus? This theory would explain why children die in such great numbers. God is a cold-blooded bastard. Someone said that this picture ...
- Jesus’ head is made of toast? Jesus, the mythical savior in the Christian religion, is often seen on food products. Is it possible that Jesus’ head is actually made out of toast? This is highly plausible if you consider the facts. In Biblical writings about Jesus, he appears to have a fondness for bread. During one meal, ...
- Like My Secular Page Secularism, Atheism and Critical Thinking Do you have a Facebook page or group? If you do, you know that promoting your group or page to get new members, followers or page likes is important for the health of the group. An active group is a successful group. To help groups and pages ...
What is religion?
Religion is a man-made organization that humanity has outgrown. Religion holds back scientific progress. Religion brings out the worst of people. Religion is a destructive force that poisons the minds of people everywhere it is established.
All of the churches, mosques, synagogues, holy temples and other places of worship in existence are no more than buildings for social clubs to gather. Religion is a hobby. Followers of religion are hobbyists. The holy books of these organizations have no moral more value than the IKEA catalog. One could argue that the IKEA catalog has more social value because it does not advocate violence like the majority of religious holy texts do.
The holy books of these organizations have no moral more value than the IKEA catalog. One could argue that the IKEA catalog has more social value because it does not advocate violence like the majority of religious holy texts do.
Quotes about Religion and the Deities:
“Is man merely a mistake of God’s? Or God merely a mistake of man?”
“If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again.”
— Penn Jillette
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence comes evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
“God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson