Articles about Vaccines and Vaccination:
- Roald Dahl’s Daughter Olivia Died From Measles February 2, 2015
Measles: A Dangerous Illness
Olivia, my eldest daughter, caught measles when she was seven years old. As the illness took its usual course I can remember reading to her often in bed and not feeling particularly alarmed about it. Then one morning, when she was well on the road to recovery, ...
- Community Immunity (“Herd” Immunity) February 2, 2015 When a critical portion of a community is immunized against a contagious disease, most members of the community are protected against that disease. This is known as “community (or ‘herd’) immunity.” The principle of community immunity applies to control of a variety of contagious diseases, including influenza, measles, mumps, rotavirus, ...
- Measles: Questions and Answers February 2, 2015 Information about Measles and Vaccines
What causes measles?
Measles is caused by a virus.
How does measles spread?
Measles is spread from person to person through the air by infectious droplets; it is highly contagious.
How long does it take to show signs of measles after being exposed?
It takes an average of 10–12 days from ...
- What everyone gets wrong about anti-vaccine parents February 2, 2015 “In a world where the underprivileged may trudge miles to the nearest clinic, desperate to save their babies from infectious scourges, nothing communicates the unbelievable wealth, ease and selfishness of modern American life like refusing the very same vaccines.” – Amy Tuteur, MD
“This is what is comes down to for ...
- Measles Outbreak – Evolution in Action February 2, 2015 CDC Confirms 84 Cases of Measles
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Good job, Anti-Vaxxers. Measles is back in the USA. For years, scientists have warned that the anti-vaccination movement was going to cause epidemics of disease. The way that vaccines work effectively is for everyone to get them. “When more than 90% ...
My mom is a moron, she’s an anti-vaxxer.