Colour 31 is available as a free Dreamstime download. Colour 31 will be available for a total of 113 downloads. At the time this post was published, Colour 31 has been downloaded 67 times.
Abstract Art uses a visual language of shape, form, colour and line to create a composition which may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world. Western art had been, from the Renaissance up to the middle of the 19th century, underpinned by the logic of perspective and an attempt to reproduce an illusion of visible reality. The arts of cultures other than the European had become accessible and showed alternative ways of describing visual experience to the artist. By the end of the 19th-century, many artists felt a need to create a new kind of art which would encompass the fundamental changes taking place in technology, science and philosophy.
Colour 31 by Chris Harvey
- Resolution: 2418×2400 pixels (5.8 MP)
- Print size: 8.1″ x 8″@300 dpi
- Size: 2.73 Mb
- 46 Downloads still available (113 Downloads total)
- ID: 93465
- Published by Dreamstime Stock Photos
Image preview in 300 x 300 pixels
What artists say about abstract art:
- “The surrealists, and the modern movement in painting as a whole, seemed to offer a key to the strange postwar world with its threat of nuclear war. The dislocations and ambiguities, in cubism and abstract art as well as the surrealists, reminded me of my childhood in Shanghai.” – J. G. Ballard
- “We are all hungry and thirsty for concrete images. Abstract art will have been good for one thing: to restore its exact virginity to figurative art.” – Salvador Dali
- “What goes on in abstract art is the proclaiming of aesthetic principles. It is in our own time that we have become aware of pure aesthetic considerations. Art never can be imitation.” – Hans Hofmann
- “I paint; I draw and paint – I’ve been doing that since I was in third grade, drawing realistically and then changing to abstract art. That was my first creative thing before guitar or comedy.” – Steven Wright
Descriptive Keywords: Odd, Wallpaper, Colours, Created, Texture, Light, Background, Blurs, Generated, Colors, Hue, Density, Computer, Brightness, Colorful, Contrast, Rainbow, Image, Color, Abstract, Bright, Render, Pattern, Saturation, Shapes