Prayer – The act of feeling like you are helping while doing absolutely nothing to solve a problem.
Prayer is the act of doing absolutely nothing while at the same time thinking that you are helping solve a problem.
- A friend or a relative of yours has cancer. You say, “I’ll pray for you.”
- Your neighbor lost their job and they are losing their house. You say, “I’ll pray for you.”
- Kids in Africa get Ebola. You say, “I’ll pray for them.”
Prayer is the act of talking to yourself in the hopes that a deity might be listening.
- God, I’m talking to you hear, just do this one thing for me and I’ll go to church again.
- God, I’m going to be know, please let me wake up in the morning.
- God, my cat is missing. Please find her.
Prayer is begging.
- God, please let me win the lottery
- God, please let there be bagels available at the deli.
- God, I wish I had a beer.
Prayer is an attempt to get a deity to do something for you.
- God, please let me find my keys.
- God, please let me get a green light.
- God, please let me get a passing grade on my chemistry exam even though I was drinking alcoholic beverages all night. Oh, yeah, please get rid of this hangover.