Today’s free eBook is…
PowerShell 3.0 Advanced Administration Handbook by Sherif Talaat & Haijun Fu.
PowerShell 3.0 Advanced Administration Handbook retails for $32.12.
However, for the next 24hours, you can get an eBook copy for free.
You will need a free PacktPub account to be eligible for todays’s free eBook.
PowerShell 3.0 Advanced Administration Handbook
PowerShell is a helpful scripting technology that enables the automation of system management tasks and the creation of system management tools. With PowerShell in your toolbox, you can easily perform tasks with less time, effort, and cost. This free eBook offers what you need as an administrator to get the most out of PowerShell today, from scripts, function, to developing extensions like snap-ins and modules!
Deploy and manage XenServer in your enterprise to create, integrate, manage and automate a virtual datacenter quickly and easily with this book and ebook.
Get a physical copy at Amazon:
About This Handbook
- Discover and understand the concept of Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Learn the advanced topics and techniques for a professional PowerShell scripting
- Explore the secret of building custom PowerShell snap-ins and modules
- Take advantage of PowerShell integration capabilities with other technologies for better administration skills
- Step-by-step guide rich with real-world script examples, screenshots, and best practices
Who Should This Book
If you are a system administrator who wants to automate repeated daily tasks and perform complex administration requirements in a timely manner with less effort, then this is the book for you.
In order to get the maximum benefit of this book you need to have some basic scripting knowledge and good administration experience.
What You Will Learn
- Learn Windows PowerShell 3.0 new features and enhancements
- Learn PowerShell syntax and grammar such as pipeline, looping, and working with objects
- Extend PowerShell capabilities with .NET framework, XML, WMI, and COM+
- Configure and deploy Windows Server Core features, services, and components
- Manage and configure the Microsoft virtualization platform, Hyper-V
- Manage and configure Unified Communication environments such as Exchange Server and Lync Server
- Manage and configure Collaboration and Data platforms such as SharePoint Server and SQL Server
- Manage and configure Cloud technologies such as Office’365, Windows Azure, and SQL Azure
- Explore PowerShell in real-world scenarios, problems, and solutions
- PowerShell tips and tricks and best practices
Table of Contents
- Getting Started With Powershell
- Developing Snap-ins For Powershell
- Using Powershell Remoting
- Extending Windows Powershell
- Managing Core Infrastructure With Powershell
- Managing Active Directory With Powershell
- Managing The Server With Powershell
- Managing Unified Communication Environments With Powershell
- Managing Collaboration And Data Platforms With Powershell
- Managing Microsoft Desktop Virtualization With Powershell
- Managing Microsoft Cloud Platform With Powershell
- Integrating Windows Powershell And System Center Orchestrator